Our Motto And Goal
The motto of the Sri Sarada Math and Ramakrishna Sarada Mission is –
“For one’s own salvation and for the welfare of the world. For the good of the many, for the happiness of the many”
Our Society is a non- profit, non-political organization and an affiliated branch Centre of Sri Sarada Math of the Ramakrishna Order. The main objects of the Society are:
- To promote devotion to God and harmony between the different religions of the world.
- To promote the study, teachings and practice of the Vedanta Philosophy as expounded by Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other great spiritual teachers./li>
- To serve all, irrespective of creed, race or nationality.
- To impart and promote the study of the arts, sciences and industries.
- To train teachers in all above-mentioned branches of knowledge and enable them to reach the masses.
- To carry on educational work.
- To establish, maintain, carry on and assist Schools, Colleges Universities, Orphanages, Workshops, Laboratories, Hospitals, Dispensaries, Famine-relief works and other educational and /or charitable works.
Logo With description
The wavy waters in the picture are symbolic of Karma (Action), the Lotus- of Bhakti (Devotion), and the Rising Sun – of Gyan (knowledge).
The Encircling Serpent is indicative of Yoga (Meditation) and Awakened KundaliniShakti,
While the Swan in the picture stands for the Paramatman (Supreme Self).
Therefore, the idea that the picture represents is that by the union of action, devotion, knowledge and meditation, the vision of the supreme self is obtained.